*** This particular item is not a direct download, it will be sent within 1 business day.***
Overall trends in the data revealed -
- Outright purchase is the most common purchasing method
- Asian miners are optimistic about future expenditure
- Challenges in sourcing products are primarily related to supplier attributes and capabilities
- Asian miners are increasing their levels of procurement centralization.
- The survey is based on responses from 115 senior managers and decision makers at operating Asian mines, responsible for the purchase of equipment for plant and mine operations, along with its consumables. Survey respondents came from seven different countries: India, Indonesia, the Philippines, Pakistan, Vietnam, Mongolia and Thailand. This included six different commodity groups and a range of surface and underground mining operations.
Reasons to Buy
- Compare the methods Asian miners use to acquire equipment, and how this is expected to change.
- Plan ahead based on general expectations within the Asian mining industry for future expenditure, and how this varies by segment, such as mine type, commodity and company size.
- Understand how different customer segments in Asian mining plan to rationalise or extend their supplier networks.
- Identify the major challenges Asian miners face when sourcing equipment, and incorporate solutions to these in your sales, marketing and product strategies.