This intensive one-day course describes the industry
from the four major functions:
- Origins and destinations of Natural Gas.
- Exploration through distribution.
- Buying, selling, marketing.
This course inter-twines the relationships of:
- Market macro & micro fundamentals.
- Purchasing and selling methodology.
- Producing and marketing.
- Understanding of the various market relationships
- that impact the everyday aspects of the business.
What You Will Learn
- Physical properties of Natural Gas.
- Where Natural Gas is found.
- How Natural Gas is measured.
- Where have we been and where are we going: The history and future of Natural Gas in North America.
- The major consumers of Natural Gas: From home use to manufacturing.
- Exploration: The role of geologists and technology.
- Drilling: Onshore and offshore.
- Production, treatment, compression, and processing.
- Gathering, storage, and transmission.
- Transportation: Construction, safety, operations.
- Overview of Natural Gas marketing processes.
- Distribution: How Natural Gas gets to the burner tip.
- Gas Industry Standards Board.
- The "Players" who make the industry work:
- Suppliers - Marketers - Brokers - Local
- Distribution Companies - Industrial and
- Commercial end users.
- Natural Gas futures and OTC derivatives.
- Transportation and how it works.
- Storage usefulness and seasonal peaking and balancing needs. Market Centers (Hubs): Services provided.
Who Should Attend
This course will benefit anyone seeking a top to bottom, fundamental education in the natural gas and power industry. Perfect for those new to the industry: Wholesale power and/or natural gas marketing companies, utilities, generation, supply and distribution personnel, traders, end-users, commercial companies, cogeneration, industrial companies & government agencies. Great for new hires, interdepartmental transfers, finance management, administrative personnel, and human resource personnel.
| Natural Gas
| Natural Gas
| Day 1: 8:00am–4:00pm |