This survey will help you understand the current challenges of cyber security in the power industry.
To better understand the current challenges of cyber security in the power industry, PennEnergy Research conducted a survey of more than 100 IT professionals from around the U.S.
Issues Addressed by Cyber Security Survey
- How do energy companies perceive the value of cyber security investments to date?
- What metrics do energy companies utilize for quantifying the costs and benefits of computer security expenditures?
- How prevalent are cyber security incidents occurring at energy companies?
- What actions do energy companies take after computer intrusions?
- What types of attacks have energy companies detected in the last 12 months?
- Which security technologies are energy companies utilizing?
- What techniques are being used by energy companies to evaluate the effectiveness of security?
- To what extent are energy companies using information sharing organizations?
- Are energy companies using external insurance policies to manage cybersecurity risks?
- How much of energy companies' IT budget is spent on security?
- What do energy companies see as being the most critical security issue over the next two years?
Reasons to Buy
- The survey provides information about the perceived value of previous cybersecurity investments in the sector.
- The survey highlights the security issues that are deemed to be the most critical at utilities over the next two years.
- The survey analyzes key challenges faced by organizations in handling cyber warfare threats. This will help utilities to revamp cyber security strategy
- How would you describe the value that has been realized from cybersecurity investments at your company to date?
- Which of the following financial metrics does your company utilize for quantifying the costs and benefits of computer security expenditures? Please select all that apply.
- Do you currently outsource any of your computer security functions?
- Has your firm experienced unauthorized use of computer systems in the last 12 months?
- How many incidents of unauthorized use of computer systems have occurred at your company in the last 12 months?
- What actions were taken after the computer intrusions?
- What types of attacks or computer misuse have you detected in the last 12 months? Please check all that apply.
- Which of the following security technologies are being used by your company?
- Are cyber security criteria used for vendor and device selection at your organization?
- Does your organization have a Chief Security Officer that has explicit cyber security responsibilities?
- Please indicate the status at your company of the following techniques used to evaluate the effectiveness of security.
- How confident are you that your company is properly secured against cyberattacks?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, where 10 is "very important" and 1 is "not important at all," please rank the importance of security awareness training in each of the following areas:
- Which of the following best characterizes your company's participation with information sharing organizations?
- Does your firm have any external insurance policies to manage cyber security risks?
- What do you see as being the most critical security issue(s) at your company over the next two years?
- Which of the following attributes are critical for vendors trying to become your valued strategic partner with regards to cybersecurity? Please select all that apply
- How do you typically find out about new and emerging cybersecurity vendors?
- Approximately how many people are employed in your entire organization?
- What type of company best describes your employer?
- Excel Worksheets
- Raw Data (minus respondent demographic information)