This 2-day program will give you a comprehensive understanding of the various strategies employed in the field of advanced technical analysis. You’ll examine a wide array of advanced technical tools and strategies, including what they are and how and when they should be used. In addition, you’ll gain an in-depth understanding of how various theories of behavioral finance can be integrated into technical trading strategies.
What You Will Learn
- The principles of behavioral finance and how these principles can be fully integrated into a trading strategy.
- Systematic irrationality of the markets and its application to technical analysis.
- Decision-making behavior, prospect theory and cognitive dissonance theory.
- Integrating volatility studies with traditional mathematical technical analysis.
- Multiple-time-cycle analysis of the markets.
- Risk management pyramid including stop losses, volumetric limits, VaR limits, correlation analysis, stress testing and fixed fractional money management.
- TD Absolute Retracement and how it is used to calculate price retracements and price extensions.
- How to use trend exhaustion indicators including TD Sequential and TD Combo.
- How to implement DeMark’s Mechanical Trading Systems including TD Carrie, TD TJ, TD Meghan and TD Rocke.
- Mechanizing Elliott Wave with the Elliott Wave Oscillator and Profit-Taking Indicator.
- Neural networks.
- Machine induction methods.
- Applying fractals and self-similarity to technical analysis.
- Genetic algorithms.
- Chaos theory.
- Fuzzy logic.
- Applying fuzzy logic to candlestick patterns.
- Applying neural nets, machine induction methods and genetic algorithms to mechanical trading systems.
- Making money with mechanical trading systems. In this real-time trading simulation you will analyze the energy markets with mathematical technical indicators, develop a short-term trading system to capitalize on probable market behavior over the next 24 hours and see how various trading strategies unfold in real time.
- Developing trading models with CQG software.
- Matching the system to your personality.
- Avoiding the pitfalls in model development.
- Back-testing and forward-testing of models.
- Optimization studies.
- Development of trending: Following trading systems.
- Development of mean reversion trading systems.
- Development of mean reversion systems with trending-following filters.
- Combining negatively correlated trading systems.
- Black Box Arbitrage: What it is, how to develop models that will capture this kind of arbitrage opportunity and the risks inherent in the implementation of this strategy.
Who Should Attend
The course is applicable to all levels of the energy infrastructure, oil, natural gas, electricity and coal. Individuals in every functional area of responsibility in all energy industries whose decisions have significant financial impact will benefit from this program. Managers from areas such as marketing, sales, manufacturing, engineering, supply and distribution, trading risk management, purchasing and financial and accounting will find the course highly beneficial.
| Natural Gas
Trading & Risk Management
| Day 1: 8:00am–4:00pm |
Day 2: 8:00am–4:00pm